Sunday, June 2, 2013

We stayed up late last night with Blake and Mimy after the big ballroom dance performance. I only got a few hours of sleep before I had to get up for my race in Duvall. It was the first Sunday I've ever worked, which was weird for me, but I made it to 1pm sacrament meeting. Seth had the kids on his own and I'm so lucky to have him because he is such a great dad and had no problem getting them both up, showered, dressed and fed before church. He even cleaned the kitchen! Not a lot of guys can handle that. After church he let Lindy and I nap while he made spinach and onion beef burgers from scratch. Seth invited Blake and Mimy over and had set up a table outside with a table cloth and everything for dinner. He is the best. Literally. Tomorrow he is taking Parker on a guys only hiking and fishing trip with Blake and Craig. Parker is pretty excited. Seth is supposed to be getting him in bed right now but I hear Parker laughing hysterically. Today I am just so overwhelmingly grateful for Seth and my children. With Mitch dying so suddenly in an avalanche it's just made me realize one, the dangers of the things we like to do and two, the reality of how quickly life can change. I'm trying to relax more and just enjoy where we are in life. I've stopped saying "I can't wait for..." And instead I've started saying "I'm excited for..." For example, I'm excited for when Lindy can laugh and play more. I'm excited to climb mt. Whitney soon. I'm excited to have Parker start school. I'm really excited about changing my last diaper ever. Lots of things I CAN wait for but that I'm looking forward to.


No comments:

Post a Comment