Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Parker Speaks

When Parker got sick and his fever finally broke
Mom: Wow, you're all sweaty.
Parker: Yeah... Hey look, blankie and lovie are sweaty too!

Trying to get Parker to lay down and take a nap I very gently kept pushing his head back onto the pillow
Parker: (sitting straight up) Mom! You don't push. It's not very nice and (pointing finger) if you push me one more time you're gonna have to go to your room and have a time out to think about your choices.
Mom: (trying soooo hard not to laugh) I'm so sorry, you're right.
Parker: Thats what I thought 

He's quite a chatter box after nap time
Grandma: How was your nap?
Parker: Pretty good. But at the hotel there were 5 beds. A bed for me and daddy and mommy and lindy and Brandon and Grammy and Grampy and a swimming pool where I jumped in the water but it wasn't very cold only a little bit cold and we had Keaton and Kourtneys wedding and first Keaton got married and then Kourtney got married and I said no let's go play outside and now my tummy wants something to drink like maybe blue Gatorade. 
(True story, all one sentence and said in one breath)

He mixes up only one word. Forgot.
Dad: Okay, I'm ready for work
Parker: Did you got-for your wallet?
Dad: No, I didn't FORGET my wallet. Say FORGET. 
Parker: FORGET! But oh darn it, I forgot-for to get you your keys.

Trying to get Parker to eat his broccoli 
Dad: Hey little tree, I'm gonna eat you. Yum yum yum
Parker: Hey little tree, I'm NOT going to eat you

Mom: okay, so we are going to go to the park, eat lunch, then we have to go take a nap after that.
Parker: how about, okay, this is the plan, lets eat our lunch treats first, THEN go to the park THEN have no nap time and go to the park again? I think that's a good plan

Arriving at grandmas house we go in through the garage where she keeps her food storage 
Parker: I think I better stop and go get an apple juice
Mom: I think you need to ask grandma first 
Parker: yes but she always tells me it's okay so I will just get one now

I once heard that 3 year olds ask an average of 347 questions a day. Parker has always been an above average kind of kid. Here's a few of his most memorable questions...
When I was a little baby was Lindy a big boy?
Where does Prophet Monson live? At the temple or church?
Who watched me when you were married?
Are you listening to me?
Did mommy like crackers when she was a little boy like me?
(Standing in line at the grocery store) who is that old lady over there?
What are we going to do today? Something fun or something bored?
Can I have spaghetti for breakfast?


1 comment: