Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Memorial Weekend with the Whites

For Memorial Weekend Seth and I drove all the way over to Wenatchee to see Kamry, one of my best friends.  We loved spending time with the White fam.  We drove over on Saturday morning, I somehow was able to get someone to cover my night shift.  When we got there we rode the quads around the White's orchards and had a BBQ.  Then we went on a killer hike, probably the steepest hike ever.  
Sunday, after church, we headed to the grandma and grandpa White's cabin on Lake Chelan.  We had a big game of Ultimate, but our team got creamed.  We are gonna start training so that next time the Grisham's can hold their own!  Tyler taught me how to throw a football and made me practice with him all day.  
On Monday, surprisingly, the lake was not busy at all.  We didn't get any pictures of us on the boat, but we did try some skiing (we decided to stick with wakeboarding) and we did some crazy tubing.  Kamry and Alyssa are insane when it comes to tubing.  We had a GREAT weekend with the Whites and plan on coming back over soon.


This is the view from the top of the mountain that we climbed... yup, thats all of Wenatchee




Nighttime shot on the Columbia River

We played charades on Sunday... Olivia is acting out "Broccoli" and Tessa, she's on the ground, she is acting out "Baseball"


The White Fam, plus extras

I think Alyssa got over 100 shots of the fire... apparently she thinks it looks cool on camera

Seth, Tyler and I playing catch... my spirals are so good now


Tessa and Seth

Riding an old school jet ski

The boys wanted to be macho and run into the water... but they stopped right about here... notice they are not running anymore


Seth practicing his dolphin moves

Tyler taking a plunge!


Then on the way home something TERRIBLE happened... Seth "Accidentally" threw my dollar store sunglasses out the window so I was really mad at him

And I refused to talk to him the rest of the way home... Okay, okay, so I ended up ignoring him for about four minutes

5 comments:

  1. sounds like a way fun weekend! i love the night shot of the columbia river. so uh, when are you guys coming to utah again? because we totally need to hang out again. we might actually try to make a trip up to washington sometime this summer, but we'll see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jay and I totally got a chuckle out of the dolphin picture. You guys are hilarious!
    and btw... small world... So whats Chad Grimmer doing with you guys? I have no idea who the whites are, but Chad is the brother of my sisters husband (aka Brother in law). So I know he's a Grimmer not a white :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carmencita! glad to hear that you guys had fun over at Kam's. pleeeeeeeeeeeease call.... I miss seeing you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seth and Carmen, great pics! I got the site while looking at Tyler's blog.
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude I really like the columbia river picture too, this is Tyler. Looks really cool for some reason did you take it in a bottle or something because there is kind of a cool ring or maybe that is just a lens flare or something.

    ReplyDelete