Saturday, June 26, 2010

A Real Garden of Our Own

Just two days after Parker came home, we added another new addition to the family... our garden. Seth and I have a wonderful grandpa who is a Master Gardener and he helped us build, plant and start our little garden. We are so excited to finally have a backyard for gardening and we still have plenty of space to play soccer and frisbee with Parker (I have to remind Seth that Parker is still too young for that). This year we wanted to start small and simple, so we planted Swiss chard, carrots, zucchini, cabbage, pumpkins, tomatoes, a sunflower for me and TONS of radishes for Seth. We just hope that the we have inherited the green thumb from Papa.





2 comments:

  1. What do you make with swiss chard? I love gardens...do you hire out your grandpa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Look at you guys go! I wish we could have a garden! You figure it all out and if we ever move out of our condo, I'm calling you for tips!

    ReplyDelete