Sunday, May 19, 2013

Being a Mother of Two...

Being a mother of two has been interesting so far. I love it! It does take us a lot longer to get out the door and in/out of the car but I think I am handling it very well. Parker is a wonderful older brother and is very helpful. Sometimes he is too helpful and ends up making a bigger mess but I just thank him for being a big helper. My patience (surprisingly) has increased. My total hours of sleep (not surprisingly) has decreased. My laundry (a little surpringly) has tripled. We have to get out of the house everyday, if even for a little trip to the grocery store or the park. We like to go on long walks on the BPA trail, sometimes I take the kids for long runs but Parker can only handle a couple miles. We like to go to story time at the library and when its not raining we go to a park (there are a tone around here). Most of the time its just me and my two loves on our little adventures but we like to meet up with friends. The other day at the park Parker was climbing on this rope ladder and playing with some other kids he met there. I remember just a few weeks ago I had to help him across this rope ladder and I was so scared and now I watched him do it all by himself. He is growing so fast and has taken his role as big brother very seriously. Lindy is growing like a weed and sleeping very well. She still has a lot of long hair and likes to smile and cuddle and take long showers. Lindy is such a good baby, hardly cries and when she does cry she can calm down so quickly. She gets the hiccups a lot and Parker thinks its hilarious. Seth just started his new job at Swedish hospital so we are finally getting into a weekly routine. Its so nice to have him home for a three day weekend every week. I forsee a lot of camping and cabin trips this summer. Having two small children has its ups and downs and lots of poop but I love it and it sure keeps me busy.









No comments:

Post a Comment