Wednesday, February 2, 2011

What a Day!

Reluctantly, Parker and I left the house today for some much over-due errands. I first took my phone to the Sprint store as it was acting up and the outside cover was a bit stretched out. The guy who helped me out said that normally they would just clean it up and replace the backing but then he said not to worry about it and instead I am having a brand new phone shipped to the house free of charge! WOW! I was super excited. THEN I went to Old Navy because my sweet husband bought me a watch there and the other day it just stopped working. I only had this watch for less than a week. Problem here was I had thrown away the receipt. The lady at the counter said normally they don't allow you to return or exchange without an original receipt but just this once she was going to let it slide. SWEET, I also got a brand new watch, a hot pink one this time. THEN as I was loading Parker in the car a random stranger said, "Excuse me, I am not weird or anything, but do you want some towels and pillows?" Initial thought: yes, you are weird and is towels and pillows code for something else? But this nice gentlemen works for a company called standard textiles based out of Cincinnati, Ohio and he had a trunk full of brand new towels, down pillows, bed sheets, a queen size down comforter and beach towels that he brought up here for a meeting and couldn't take back on the flight home. He said I could have them all for free. NO WAY! I was so pumped! Moral of the story: next time I feel reluctant to get out and cross things off my to-do list, I have to keep in mind that I never know what could happen.

2 comments:

  1. are you sure the old man didn't steal those from a local store and was just getting rid of the evidence? Congrats on the good day, that's awesome! Must be the Carma!

    ReplyDelete