Sunday, April 26, 2009

Seth's 1st Whidbey Island Adventure

This last weekend I was FINALLY able to take Seth to one of my favorite places in the world... The Cabin!  My grandparents own a cabin right on the water on Whidbey Island.  I've stayed there every summer as far back as I can remember.  Seth was excited to ride the ferry over and check out the place.  We drove up on Friday night, Seth built me a fire (thats a man's job), we roasted some hotdogs and mallows and took a few night shots with the camera.  Then on Saturday morning Alyssa and Matt drove over.  It was a full day! We went biking, toured the town of Langley for a bit, had lunch at some fancy restaurant, went fishing, cooked our fish and ate them too, built a fire, set off some fireworks and roasted some more mallows before hitting the sack.  We all had a great weekend at the cabin.  Thanks Nana and Papa for letting us go!  Seth can't wait to go back again... he wants to try to beat me out in fishing... don't think it'll happen though... check out the pictures. 

This is standing on the boat launch looking across the water to the city of Everett

We tried to get a cool shot here, but our heads got cut off at the top... notice the "Grishams" on the log, I wrote that with the charcoaled end of my poking stick

This shot is a little better, but kinda looks like our faces are being burnt off

Seth took this one... I think he's getting pretty good with the SLR

Basically... a rusty old chain... but I thought it looked pretty cool

Alyssa trying to catch some sand shrimp to use as fishing bait

Its a rule to wear lifejackets when you go in the boat... but Seth wanted to wear my grandpa's big orange hunting vest too

So proud of his catch

Do a quick size comparison here... who's the better fisherman?

Seth holding up MY catch... that sucker was HUGE.  We think it was alive in prehistoric times

Just another comparison shot. Honestly, I just got lucky... lucky that I didn't break my pole trying to reel that monster in

Reflection of the deck

This is Alyssa's catch of the day... the stupidest crab in the world! She caught it because it was holding onto the the sand shrimp that we used for bait and wouldn't let go.  It was just asking to be eaten

Waterfront view from the deck

Right before bed Seth wanted to get one more night shot and a plane flew into the picture but it turned out pretty sweet

1 comment:

  1. way fun!!! man you guys are definitely becoming pros with that camera, i love looking at all your pictures. plus you just do lots of fun things and it makes me want to get out and do more stuff!

    ReplyDelete